Subject: Re: NetBSD/xxx Vs. NetBSD/yyy
To: Ram Chandar <mkr1177hk@yahoo.com.hk>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/21/2002 12:39:37
The beauty of NetBSD is that you don't recognize platform differences when,
say, ssh'd in to any given box.  With few exceptions, every NetBSD platform
is supported.

It would come down to three things, for me:

1.  Machine-dependent code stability
2.  CPU speed
3.  Maturity of XFree drivers

Based on the above (and upon more religious intangibles), my favorite
platform is the Alpha, followed by x86 and Amiga.  I also use MIPS boxes,
but no X driver and frequent debugging makes these kinda boring. :)   But
they are all running the same code, and those with X have the same window
manager, productivity apps, etc.

D. Hopper