Subject: Re: Network Neighbourhood on NetBSD?
To: Ram Chandar <mkr1177hk@yahoo.com.hk>
From: sudog <sudog@sudog.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/21/2002 10:38:39
On Thursday 21 February 2002 10:15, Ram Chandar wrote:
> Richard Rauch mentioned in one of the posts in the thread "advocacy"
>
> > If one really wants a ``pop the CD in, and get something that has
> > NetBSD buried in it somewhere but looks and feels like an unbelievably
> > stable version of a Microsoft product''
>
> Infact there is such an attempt on Linux which even goes to the extent
> to put "My Computer" and "Network Neighbourhood" on the Desktop.

That's odd. I thought this was a NetBSD-advocacy mailing list? :)

> This is avaiable for free download. I don't have the bandwidth, so I was
> just wondering if somebody could take a look.
>
> The site is www.elxlinux.com.

Why of course! I'll be happy to volunteer the eight or nine hours it'll
take to backup my current systems, strip out any cards that might cause
problems or conflicts, and install an OS that looks like Windows but is
actually Linux just because you don't have the patience to download it
over your modem link.

Order a CD from them. Even if they don't sell it I'm certain they'd be
happy to make you one if you paid them. :)

Anyway, let us know how it works out. I'm kind of curious myself.

-sudog