Subject: Re: NetBSD/xxx Vs. NetBSD/yyy
To: Ram Chandar <mkr1177hk@yahoo.com.hk>
From: sudog <sudog@sudog.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/21/2002 10:31:29
On Thursday 21 February 2002 09:44, Ram Chandar wrote:
> NetBSD runs on many platforms and as such
> NetBSD vetarans are well familiar with the
> pros and cons of each platform.
>
> I wonder whether there is a page that details
> this info so users can get help as to decide
> what platform is best suited for their purpose.
>
> Ram Chandar

Here's a better way to decide what platform is best suited for your
purposes. What computers do you have on-hand or can get on-hand easily?

Now, what parts of NetBSD are deficient on those ports? Best to go visit
the port's specific homepage, available from the main page on netbsd.org.
They'll let you know what you can start working on.

If you just have a bunch of nameless, faceless PCs, then of course he i386
port is mature..  but all the source is available--they're all perfect for
what you need. :) So what are you waiting around for?

-sudog