Subject: Re: advocacy
To: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/20/2002 15:29:50
Andy R said:

>So what are we talking about here? The only people I
>can see this really helping are the Wasabi people and
>other people trying to sell a packaged CD (and kudos
>to everyone that's doing it!). I always saw NetBSD as
>the one you end up on after screwing around with Linux
>long enough to get burned by one of the brain dead,
>hack 'em up kernels they release once in a while. That
>imported audience is probably perfectly capable of
>dealing with what we have now. Likewise, if you have
>FreeBSD people that end up with hardware that won't
>run FreeBSD (Sparcs and macs being a perfect example),
>they will also probably be able to deal with sysinst
>just fine.

I really would like to see NetBSD taking up more space in the
server room. If the demise of Solaris x86 is a reality, then
there will be some vacancies.

Also, UNIX shops need to put UNIX back on their employees desktops.
We need to get more publicity for NetBSD as a useable professional
workstation OS.

A boxed NetBSD installation could be a good thing, though.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com