Subject: Re: BSD converts (was Re: Gartner perspective on BSD)
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <d.j.a.de.kok@wolmail.nl>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/17/2002 12:29:11
On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 01:03:01PM +0530, Ram Chandar wrote:

> > this is netbsd-ADVOCACY -- I think some hatred and flamewars are to be
>
> Exactly and NOT Linux-HATERS-HANGOUT.
>
> I'm totally against making this a Linux hatred list just as opposed
> to various Linux lists are converted to Windows-Hatred lists.
>
> As for dismissing me as a BSD Convert, I take it as your flamewar strategy.
>
> BTW I believe hatred and flamewars are not productive. Experienced
> users should spare some time to write about their NetBSD success
> stories.

And experienced users would know NetBSD is not the ultimate solution
everywhere. I primarily use NetBSD and try to advise NetBSD to other
people, but in some situations an expert distro, like Slackware, is
a better solution. It is all about choosing the right tool for every
specific problem.

With kind regards,
Daniel de Kok

--