Subject: Re: NetBSD on non-MMU systems???
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/09/2002 16:30:18
On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 12:11:24AM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Daniel de Kok <d.j.a.de.kok@wolmail.nl> writes:
> > RTMX Inc. (www.rtmx.com) created real-time extensions for embedded
> > OpenBSD systems. For some time their site said that they contributed
> > the extentions to the OpenBSD project. I am wondering if they were
> > ever implemented in NetBSD too.
>
> I am wondering if they were ever put into OpenBSD -- I've never been
> able to track down the code. Having a bunch of that stuff in NetBSD
> would be interesting but I've never been able to find out what
> happened to the sources...

along those lines there was the following paper at bsdcon 2000:

http://www.stallion.com/html/support/bsdcon-paper.html

stallion ported large parts of OpenBSD to the (MMU-less) coldfire
(RISCified 68k) line of processors.

          "Making people dance so hard their pants almost fall
                 off is kind of fun."  -- David Evans