Subject: Fundamental superiority of productized sound drivers
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/11/2001 13:54:20
    hp> So what's the advantage to another sound driver?  Pardon me
    hp> for possibly missing the obvious... Is it just that I've
    hp> destroyed my ears and can't tell the difference?

No, of course not.  ha!  ha!  ha!

The advantage is that only 4Front's patented and open-source
``dual-kernel'' technology that they've licensed from FSM Labs gives
you the ability to move the entire kernel into userland!

This eliminates the stability problems normally associated with
unrestricted access to I/O space and buggy DMA programming.  Inferior
implementations move only the sound driver, or only the graphics chip
driver, into userland---but 4Front's technology moves the _entire
kernel_, and cryptographically signs the kernel as well, thus making
stability problems a thing of the past!

--
Klar, Entlueftung, Zuendung, Vorstufe, Hauptstufe.