Subject: Re: Debian runs on more archs than NetBSD?
To: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/16/2001 10:02:54
	Your friend appears to be mistaken :)

	They appear to be counting 'compiler targets' as architectures,
	in which case the list would be:

Debian		NetBSD
^^^^^^		^^^^^^
alpha		alpha
arm		arm (*1)
hppa		-
hurd-i386	-
i386		i386
ia64		-
-		m68000 (*2)
m68k		m68k
mips		mips
mipsel		mipsel
-		ns32k
powerpc		powerpc
s390		-
sh		sh3
sparc		sparc
-		sparc64 (*3)
-		vax
-		x86_64
=13		=14

	(*1) Currently we have arm26 and arm32 as distinct targets, but
	     it is planned to merge them, so I'll play nice and count
	     them as one :)
	(*2) The sun2 port is based on a 68010 and will not run what gnu
	     and everyone else refers to as 'm68k' binaries, which are
	     68020 or better.
	(*3) This is 64bit sparc binaries, distinct from sparc.

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --