Subject: Re: Debian runs on more archs than NetBSD?
To: Mike Cheponis <mac@wireless.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/16/2001 01:26:43
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Mike Cheponis wrote:
> Debian currently supports more architectures than any other open OS...  the
> NetBSD *kernel* may support more, but I doubt it (other than 32532, and mine
> has really been collecting dust!).  See
>
>        http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph.png
>
> Is this true?

Well, just read it:

It counts mips and mipsel seperate.
It also lists i386 and i386-hurd.
What we don't have is s390 and hppa, but from, the top of my head, VAX and
pc532 come to mind.

Now if we follow the i386-hurd example, we can add a couple of Linux
distribs what run Zoularis as well as Solaris (intel & sparc) of course.

Then, it's not clear from that list how many machines (platforms?) of the
given CPU architecture are supported. I guess we have >10 for m68k alone.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/