Subject: Re: PAM stinks.
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/01/2001 21:54:21
Hi,

On 1 Oct 2001, at 11:12, sudog wrote:
> If you know of better implementations that integrate easily
> (preferrably drop-in replacements) with basic Linux flavours so I
> don't have to recompile the entirety of my software that depends on
> them, I'd be happy to look at the information, and change my tune.

last year a customer switched to pam. He uses SuSE Linux, he
does not like system accounts, and had for pop, imap, ftp, htaccess
and others about 20 different user databases files. It took about 15
minutes to switch to a mysql database.

I do not remember a security issue with pam on Suse the last year,
but you might want to check their security announce ml online for
that "http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/Suse-Linux/".

Personally I do not like the syntax (having only a glance at it) but if it
does what it should, who cares.

HTH

mike