Subject: Re: *BSD Counter Project
To: Bob Bernstein <torxhead@ruptured-duck.com>
From: Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/04/2001 12:41:15
On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 02:27:10PM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 10:44:48AM -0700, Josef Grosch wrote:
>
> > Please read the the FAQ to understand why the count of FreeBSD users
> > is so much larger than any other BSD.
>
> I read the FAQ. It explains "why" but it doesn't explain the reasons
> for not starting all the counters at zero.
>
> A child could see that your data is hopelessly skewed.

I did start the counters at zero. The current count represents people who
have declared themselves to be a user of a given OS or a mix of OSs. I sorry
you feel the "data is hopelessly skewed". If you think you can do a better
job, start your own counter.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 4.3
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | www.bafug.org