Subject: Re: Comdex post-mortem
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/08/2001 10:53:31
On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Tim Rightnour wrote:

# You print CD's for a netbsd event, with WASABI in huge letters, and
# netbsd in little letters.  I'm not convinced this is a great thing.
# TNF needs to be fundamentally separate from wasabi.  We don't want to
# give the impression that our product, is reliant upon your staying in
# business, or your architectural views.  I feel that regardless of how
# well your business does, TNF still has an obligation to provide a
# distribution, and have it's name known.

Perhaps a more equitable scaling in the writing, specifically for the
shows (run a batch of CDs just before Comdex or LWE -- if you have
leftovers, sell 'em elsewhen anyway!).

# You pay for a booth, non-wasabi people man it, with perhaps one of your
# employees helping out.  A few wasabi items are around, but overall the
# tone is NetBSD/TNF.  That.. I personally have no objections to.

Well, how 'bout this:

Some Wasabi people run it in a non-Wasabi capacity?

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: the second best thing you can get for free