Subject: Re: Comdex post-mortem
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/08/2001 13:50:18
On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 10:24:00AM -0700, sudog@sudog.com wrote:
> I say, who cares if Wasabi is associated with NetBSD?

No one (approximately, anyway).  What people are concerned about
(understandably) is that NetBSD be uniquely associated with Wasabi.
(i.e., "Oh, NetBSD?  That's Wasabi's BSD distro, isn't it?")  As
NetBSD developers, we don't want that.  Wasabi, as a company, might
find that beneficial, and that's what has people worried.  (Wasabi,
the people, don't (AFAIK) want that, but you only have our (my) word
on that).

-allen
 (again, not (even able to be) speaking for Wasabi)

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...