Subject: Re: Comdex post-mortem
To: <>
From: None <sudog@sudog.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/08/2001 10:24:00
I say, who cares if Wasabi is associated with NetBSD? Aren't the
licencing terms of NetBSD "Hey go ahead. Take the code. Do whatever
you want with it." I thought that BSD-type "advertising" clause was
removed a long time ago?

Finally, if someone is willing to pay for it, especially a group as
closely linked to the NetBSD project as Wasabi systems, then what harm
is there? If IBM decides to grab all NetBSD source and fork off into a
new distributions (and I know that's not what Wasabi is doing here)
then it's not like we can say, "Hey! Stop that!" when they populate
booths in consumer technology shows.

I suppose the usage of the NetBSD term itself is protected, is it?
Still, where's the harm in it?

sudog