Subject: Re: Comdex post-mortem
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/08/2001 18:56:51
On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Tim Rightnour wrote:
> You print CD's for a netbsd event, with WASABI in huge letters, and netbsd in
> little letters.  I'm not convinced this is a great thing.  TNF needs to be

It is - I've done exactly this, and people were fully aware that they were
getting the NetBSD operating system, not a Wasabi product. That's why you
talk to them. :)

From my experience, it's FAR better to have material with NetBSD as a
sub-brand than no material at all. The same goes for shows etc.

And to get this discussion somewhere: I'd be willing to throw a few
hundred bucks a year in a (TNF operated) pot that's used for shows etc. If
we get more people and a few vendors to do that [*], we could see if that
gets us somewhere.

 - Hubert

[*] What was that Copyleft thing that I've never heared of again?

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>