Subject: Wired magazine citation
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@bcpl.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/11/2001 06:58:07
NetBSD gets a somewhat oblique reference in the April 2001 Wired
Magazine, p 76.  In an article about Iraq possibly buying 4000
PlayStation 2s, the author Jeremy Hay discusses the possibility the
machines could be converted to another OS "Linux, say, or NetBSD" in
order to allow a supercomputer parallel setup.

Oh, well, I guess any notoriety is good for something.  I only found 1
other hit on NetBSD in the Wired magazine archives (volmue 2.05), and 1
in the Wired news.

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
I'm looking forward to retiring in about ten billion years you know.
Not that that will be any more interesting than this.
God what a totally depressing thought.