Subject: Re: Why did NetBSD and FreeBSD diverge?
To: Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
From: John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/19/2001 16:47:08
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Brett Glass wrote:

>At 05:06 AM 1/19/2001, Brad Knowles wrote:
>
>>        The ping-pong match currently in progress is in regard to certain people who have apparently been around in the FreeBSD community for quite some time, but who have personalities such that many within the community consider them to be, at best eccentric, and at worst complete and total whackos that aught to be locked up.
>
>Wrong. What has happened is that certain people in the group, obsessed with
>power and ego, see certain people with innovative or novel ideas as a threat.

The only obsessive I see around here is you.  I also fail to see the
innovation you show.  Behavior such as yours is commonly known to every
one who has seen a child bluster until they realize that they aren't going
to get away with it this time.

>They therefore attempt to brand them as whackos, and the more conformist

We really don't need much help branding you as a whacko: you do a DAMN
fine job of it yourself.

>members of the group, and/or those who think they might have something to gain
>by doing so, go along and join the "pile-on."

Again, you ain't seen nothing yet.