Subject: Re: Why did NetBSD and FreeBSD diverge?
To: Chris Fuhrman <cfuhrman@tfcci.com>
From: James Howard <howardjp@well.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/18/2001 07:02:28
On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Chris Fuhrman wrote:

> I'm trying to represent, in my mind, the "BSD Family Tree" and have come

Hey, that's my working title!  It sucks too, so suggestions are
welcome.  As soon as I have a completed draft, I will be posting it.

But something is missing here, I have seen several long postings on
software development methodology and the history of BSD in the 90s.  This
is overkill, I am look for 100 words or less (less is more) which can say
shortly why NetBSD and FreeBSD didn't join forces early on.  A full
history of BSD or Unix is far beyond the scope of my project.  I also want
to avoid inflaming or opening up old wounds, but I also want to make sure
I don't lie to the reader.  :)

Jamie