Subject: Re: Why did NetBSD and FreeBSD diverge?
To: None <opentrax@email.com>
From: James Howard <howardjp@well.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/17/2001 11:40:57
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 opentrax@email.com wrote:

> Many other fact worked their way in. Aside from the stuff I've
> mentioned, there is still lots of ill feelings towards the authors
> of 386BSD. Another factor is BSDi. Many individual (most not now
> at BSDi) actually started rumors and incited mis-trust.

(Brief background, I am bored.  I noticed a trend that everytime someone
mentions BSD on Slashdot, someone asks what the differences are between
the BSDs, aside from hype.  I am trying to resolve that question.)

So at this point, I am trying to figure out why NetBSD and FreeBSD didn't
pool resource early.  I know why OpenBSD exists so that is not a question
(though great quotes are appreciated:).

Why did Jolitz pull support from 386BSD?  And what was BSDi doing at the
time?

Jamie