Subject: Re: Someone please flame TwoCows
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Louis Bertrand <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/06/2001 04:32:07
Just my two cents...

Re net-booting: if the alternative is booting from some weirdo proprietary
tape, I'll go to the net!

Not a diss of FreeBSD specifically but in general, when those graphical
installers screw up, they leave the user with little recourse: restart or
question the integrity of the installation. The many possible paths
through the menus are hard to test, and you may find that "you can't get
there from here".

I've sent a note via their feedback page, mostly about OpenBSD but
mentioning that they were also rough on NetBSD.

Ciao
 --Louis  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>

Louis Bertrand       http://www.bertrandtech.on.ca/
Bertrand Technical Services, Bowmanville, ON, Canada
Tel: +1.905.623.1500  Fax: +1.905.623.3852

OpenBSD: Secure by default.  http://www.openbsd.org/