Subject: Re: Someone please flame TwoCows
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/06/2001 00:28:53
On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 hubert@feyrer.de wrote:

> ... for this: http://bsd.tucows.com/conhtml/preview/74141.html

Besides the article's several problems (wrong license, license link URL is
bad, download calls NetBSD a "FreeBSD Version", and various other
misunderstandings), the review says it easily installs under i386, "but on
many of the other platforms you have to set it up manually to boot from
another machine." Is this true ("many")?

How many is "many"?

Or do several other ports install the same as i386 or just as easy?

Any examples?

Also I am curious about the statement about FreeBSD being "more user
friendly"; does anyone have any examples on why someone may feel FreeBSD
may be more user-friendly?

I may write an editorial about this for BSD Today. Feel free to send me
any thoughts on any points that I should cover.

Even with all the misunderstandings, this review does give some valuable
feedback.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/