Subject: Re: BSD Real Quick Newsletter
To: Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/21/2000 00:33:53
> I do know that they used bits from NetBSD/PPC for some of the machine
> specific stuff in the beginning.  However, FreeBSD happens to be their
> reference implementation at present, at least that is what it says on
> their web page.

Last I recall hearing anything, it sounded like:
	NetBSD for some ppc-specific stuff
	FreeBSD for some md kernel goop
	NetBSD and/or FreeBSD for userland stuff

That was a while ago, and I forget the reference, so I don't recall how
reliable the source was...  :-)

I do know that I haven't seen much, if anything, in the way of patches
coming back out of Apple for NetBSD (kernel or userland) in quite a while.

-allen