Subject: Re: Giving away hardware.
To: None <rich@bl.echidna.id.au>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/30/2000 12:39:39
On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 06:14:56PM +1100, rich@bl.echidna.id.au wrote:
> > Rich,
> >
> > checkout: http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/hardware.html
>  <snip>
> > Jason R Fink <jrf@diverge.org>
>
> I've sent in a list of my stuff using the comments form so that it can be
> added to the page of available hardware.
>
> Hopefully this is the right thing to do. :-)

That's a fine way to do it. The most important thing is to express what
you want to happen to the hardware - is it for people to _develop_ on, or
to _use_. Is it something you want to give away only for development purposes,
or something you can't keep due to space/weight/power and will be trashed
if no one takes it.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Unless you have a solution
when you tell them things like that, most people collapse into a gibbering,