Subject: Re: looking for performance paper
To: Scott Bartram <sbartram@iconixx.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/09/2000 11:53:46
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Scott Bartram wrote:

> I'm looking for a paper that was published a few months ago. It was a
> performance comparison of NetBSD, FreeBSD and Linux. I'm specifically
> looking for the NFS comparison results.
>
> Can anybody help me out? Thanks.

Performance Comparison and Tuning of Free Operating Systems
http://innominate.org/~tgr/slides/performance/tuning.htm

 A performance comparison of FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Linux 2.2/2.4 and
 Solaris 7 and 8. (Presented at LinuxTag in Stuttgart, Germany, on July 1,
 2000.) It shares the basic details of the tests with graphed results. All
 the tests were performed on identical hardware; the same hardware was
 used for clients in the tests; and the the services were configured as
 identical as possible on all of the systems. The comparisons tested
 filesystem performance, NFS performance, webserver performance, database
 performance and scalability (parallel compiling).

(I didn't look for the URL directly to the NFS results.)

(I found this link at my BSD resources directory at
http://www.bsdtoday.com/resources/Advocacy/ or
http://bsd.reedmedia.net/Advocacy/.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/