Subject: Re: 1GHz MIPS CPU running NetBSD
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/13/2000 13:06:52
On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 10:32:38AM -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
> >I'm not convinced that I see benefits of having NetBSD(r).
> >(Not that I'm against someone registering it, just don't see why)
>
> the paranoid side of me says someone should, just so that no one nasty
> can later.

Didn't Linus register Linux(r) because some jerk tried to take it from
him?

If NetBSD(r) was registered then who would go after organizations that
didn't respect the trademark? If I recall correctly, not protecting
a trademark means you can lose it in court.
           On the community of supercomputer fans:
"But what we lack in size we make up for in eccentricity."
  from Steve Gombosi, comp.sys.super, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:43 -0600