Subject: Re: emul compat pages?
To: None <david@fundy.ca>
From: Yuji Yamano <yyamano@kt.rim.or.jp>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/03/2000 22:15:28
David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca> writes:

> I've added a section for that. I think it's useful both to say
> "This is known to work" and "That is known not to work".

I found the article "Use Linux applications with NetBSD" on BSD
Magazine No.3 (It is published in Japan). The author Kan Takahara
tried to run some Linux applications on NetBSD/i386 1.4Q.

The following applications are included in pkgsrc and work fine.

- Netscape Navigator 4.7 (www/navigator)
- Acrobat Reader 3 and 4 (print/acroread)
- Honyaku-no-Ousama POWER+ (japanese/king)
- Real Player 5 (It is replaced with Real Player 7 now, audio/realplayer7)

Unfortunately, these applications don't work.

- Shade for Linux Preview Kit (I don't know)
- Wnn6 Ver.3 for Linux (Japanese input method)
- eWnn for Linux (Japanese/English translator)
- Honyaku-Damasi (Japanese/English translator)
- Oracle for Linux
- Ichitaro ARK for Java (Japanese word processor)
- ApplixWare
- VMWare

And I tried to run Objectivity/DB Linux on NetBSD/i386 1.5 ALPHA, but
it doesn't work.

--
Yuji Yamano