Subject: Article on NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Federico Lupi <flupi@mclink.it>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/01/2000 01:24:46
The Italian magazine Login has published in the July/August issue
(N. 23) an article on NetBSD that I have written.  The title is "NetBSD:
la qualita' senza compromessi" which translates to (more or less)
"NetBSD: quality without compromises"

You can download a PDF version of the article from:
http://online.infomedia.it/riviste/login/23/pdf/articolo12.pdf

There is also an online version but it doesn't look nice (text only, no
graphics, no formatting): start from
	http://online.infomedia.it/default.htm
them follow the link to the Login magazine, click on Sommario
and find the article in the list.

The article has the following sections:
	History of BSD
	Features of NetBSD
	Ports
	Applications and emulations
	The philosophy of NetBSD
	Why to use NetBSD
	Getting started with NetBSD
	Releases
	Conclusion

The article contains a link to the Italian version of the NetBSD
guide, so I hope that the readers will want to give the system a
try.

If anyone is interested in more details I'll be happy to post them.

Maybe an entry in the "NetBSD in the news" section could be added.

--
Federico Lupi

Home page
    http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/