Subject: Re: so... the polo shirt thing.
To: Nick <nmanisca@vt.edu>
From: Reed Shadgett <dent@pgh.nauticom.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/08/2000 09:13:30
On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 07:33:33AM -0400, Nick wrote:
> Does anyone know what we should do about getting permission to use a
> Daemon logo?  I would be interested in having the shirt say NetBSD on it,
> rather than just a more generic BSD shirt.

If you produce shirts for sale to the general public than you have to talk
to Kirk McKusick.  It's pretty much, I believe, just for him to make sure
that the daemon is used in the context of BSD software.  If you've made the
artwork, you should contact him, I don't imagine you'll have any problem.

Maybe you should sell them for enough to cover your costs, plus to make a tiny
profit which you'd donate to the NetBSD Foundation?  I think you'd get more
support all around if you do that. :)

--
Reed <dent@pgh.nauticom.net>