Subject: Re: article on BSD
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/23/2000 14:17:10
In message <200005231915.PAA58949@blackhelicopters.org>, Michael Lucas writes:
>I've been asked to do a general article on the present and future of
>BSD.  I'll be covering the three big BSDs, with a mention of the
>various commercialized versions such as MacOS X and miscellaneous
>embedded systems.

The "three big BSD's"?  You're already in for a world of flamewars, no matter
what.

>Is there anything in particular you NetBSD folks are trying to
>publicize about your future plans?

Well, it's not done yet, but I'm personally very excited about the coming
availability of lockd/statd.  See, I work at the *other* other BSD, and a
couple of the engineering types managed to convince someone to ship a source
CD to a NetBSD developer so he could get lockd and statd going.

-s