Subject: Re: firewall.netbsd.org
To: Herb Peyerl <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: sinteur <john@dubbele.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/20/2000 23:27:44
>lewst <lewst@yahoo.com>  wrote:
> > Someone should alias firewall.netbsd.org to www.dubbele.com
> > and promote that link instead.  Besides being easier to
> > remember, it gives users confidence that the "NetBSD firewall
> > solution" is actually endorsed by the NetBSD project.
>
>I don't think NetBSD should be endorsing something that appears to be
>i386 only.
>
>plus, the concept of 'firewall' is substantially more broad than what
>is being addressed at dubbele.com.

As maintainer of dubbele.com, I tend to agree. As for the i386 part, I'd
be happy to support more platforms, but since I don't have access to many
other platforms, I can't do that alone.

The second point is absolutely correct - it's a fairly small subset of
possible firewalls that I target for. I feel that anybody who needs more
from a firewall than I offer needs some form of ongoing support and/or
knowledge anyway, again more than I can offer on my own.

Then again, I appreciate the note of support from the first poster :-)

Suggestions to change all this are, of course, welcome..

-John