Subject: Re: Documentation
To: None <Federico_Lupi@www.datasys.it>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/13/2000 13:28:32
On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 Federico_Lupi@www.datasys.it wrote:
> Someone is working on a more polished English translation (the guide
> was in Italian), I think, but I don't know the status.  I have worked hard
> on the translation (only one chapter left) and I have added no new material
> to the guide for a long time.

You've done a terriffic job there - sorry if my oroginal mail soundsd like
i'd want to step on your toed!

What I'd like to see is that most the information in our
htdocs/Documentation (and some other sources[*]) tree goes into this guide
in the one or other form, and that we put it there then.

What about a PostScript/PDF version of your book - assuming that you 're
using DocBook, that's possible, no?

The installation section looks a bit i386-centric. Are there plans to
reserve places for instructions for other archs? Maybe also in some other
sections (network device names in the networking section come to mind...)

 - Hubert

[*] install guides for various architectures, maybe information not
    present in our tree but in some other BSD's or KAME tree,
    pkgsrc/Packages.txt, ...

--
Microsoft: "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:     "Where do you want to be tomorrow?"