Subject: Re: Documentation
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: None <Federico_Lupi@www.datasys.it>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/13/2000 12:30:36
Reed Shadgett wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 01:34:19AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>> There's rumour that someone is working on some extended documentation
>> (book?), but I don't know more about that.
>
> Check out the english version of the "NetBSD Guide" at:
> http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/netbsd.html
>
>> I guess if we could come up with some TOC that would be a good first
step.
>> Filling this in could be done step by step by several people in
parallel,
>> reusing as much information as possible from what's there right now
(maybe
>> manpages, web pages, pkgsrc/Packages.txt, ...).
>
> Yes, but I believe it would be much better to expand on the NetBSD Guide
> instead of starting anew.

All contributions to the "NetBSD Guide" are welcome and all formats
are accepted (SGML/Docbook preferred, but txt or HTML are OK too.)
If you have something to send, even a single sentence, please send
it to me and I will put it in the guide.  Send new material, corrections or
ideas to:

     Federico Lupi <flupi@mclink.it>

Someone is working on a more polished English translation (the guide
was in Italian), I think, but I don't know the status.  I have worked hard
on the translation (only one chapter left) and I have added no new material
to the guide for a long time.

Thank you for your help.

--
Federico Lupi