Subject: Re: Documentation
To: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp@wanadoo.fr>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/13/2000 01:34:19
Heh, count me in. :)
There's rumour that someone is working on some extended documentation
(book?), but I don't know more about that.

Having read through the Solaris 8 System Administration Guides (Vol. I -
III; see http://docs.sun.com) a fwe days ago was interresting: It's all
small seperate topics/tasks/howto's grouped together.

I guess if we could come up with some TOC that would be a good first step.
Filling this in could be done step by step by several people in parallel,
reusing as much information as possible from what's there right now (maybe
manpages, web pages, pkgsrc/Packages.txt, ...).

Eric, would you be willing to devote that time & energy to coordinate that
work? If so, maybe let us know.

I have some ideas on this... :)

 - Hubert

--
Microsoft: "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:     "Where do you want to be tomorrow?"