Subject: Re: Documentation
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Reed Shadgett <dent@pgh.nauticom.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/12/2000 21:50:23
On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 01:34:19AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> There's rumour that someone is working on some extended documentation
> (book?), but I don't know more about that.

Check out the english version of the "NetBSD Guide" at:
http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/netbsd.html

> I guess if we could come up with some TOC that would be a good first step.
> Filling this in could be done step by step by several people in parallel,
> reusing as much information as possible from what's there right now (maybe
> manpages, web pages, pkgsrc/Packages.txt, ...).

Yes, but I believe it would be much better to expand on the NetBSD Guide
instead of starting anew.

> Eric, would you be willing to devote that time & energy to coordinate that
> work? If so, maybe let us know.

If Eric would like to help expand on the Guide and/or translate it to French,
his help would be welcomed I'm sure... along with anybody else who has the
time and energy to contribute. :)

--
Reed <dent@pgh.nauticom.net>