Subject: Kudos!!
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@stockmaster.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/12/2000 19:09:05
Hey folks :-) I've been a NetBSD user since 1994... some of you probably
know me from other NetBSD-related lists, but I wanted to reach a larger
audience this time.

I just want to say *thank you* to everyone who's kept NetBSD the best
for the past six years. FreeBSD used to be about on par, but it's become
clear to me, especially recently, that NetBSD has a *lot* better sense of
direction and cleanliness of design.

Having a Thoroughly Good OS is not an inalienable right guaranteed by
the constitution; it takes the powerful vision and constant leadership of
some very good people, and I'm very, very grateful that those people
exist.

Using and programming for NetBSD is a joy. I feel happy every time I
watch any of my NetBSD systems boot up. The OS as a whole radiates
something very, very special. It's good to live in a world where such
things exist, and are free.

Thanks, to everyone!

	~Ben