Subject: Re: Ports and benchmarks...
To: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/12/2000 15:27:13
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Jarkko Hermanni Teppo wrote:
> I got an email today from a friend running a DS 5000/200 and NetBSD. The first
> thing on my mind was \"how fast this machine is ?\". So, how about creating a
> benchmark table of sorts showing the results of some common benchmark (cpu/IO)
> for all the different machines that NetBSD supports ? The benchmark wouldn\'t
> have to be spec-style heavyweight but more in the veins of bytebench..
> Just for amusement, as this would fit pretty well under www.netbsd.org/gallery.
>
> Problems: diskless machines, kazillion different configurations (esp. i386).
> I could help with a hp380..

I second this would be a good idea. Pick some appropriate benchmarks, find
people to run them, collect the results, make a web page. Let us know when
you're done. :-)

Periodically repeat for every release.

 - Hubert

--
Microsoft: "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:     "Where do you want to be tomorrow?"