Subject: Re: Geek Appreciation Day (Boston)
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/03/2000 18:49:09
On 2 Apr 2000, at 23:30, Greywolf wrote:

>  ...modulo the proposed split of /etc/rc.conf...

Hi,

I have not heard about that and I do not exactly know what I should
think about it.
I wanted to mention, that the Linux distribution of my choice is
SuSE, they of course have the standard init structure implemented
(runleves in /sebin/init.d/rc0.d to rc6.d), BUT: most of the system
configuration is done with /etc/rc.config and a script
/sbin/SuSEconfig that reads /etc/rc.config and applies the
necessary changes to the appropriate files, while each script in
/sbin/init.d will read /etc/rc.config first to get the actual configuration
for its varaiables.

mike