Subject: Re: T-shirts
To: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/17/2000 10:04:08
On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, David Hopper wrote:

# I agree that we need to find a new 'default' graphic for NetBSD.  To be
# blunt, I've never really liked the Iwo Daemon design or execution, and
# IMHO it hasn't really done the NetBSD website too many favors.
#
# Part of the problem is our perceived reliance on Kirk's artwork.  Let's
# face it:  we all believe that NetBSD is the one worthy to carry Li'l
# Hotstuff (ironic, since Kirk has little to do with us these days :)
# OpenBSD managed to break away from the Daemon design, but I'm not sure
# we're ready (or willing) to.  (Ironic, since didn't Theo design and
# sketch Iwo Daemon?)
#
# That said, there's not too many cool daemon ideas left.  What's left?
# Going to church?  Shooting skeet?  Getting married?  (Oh, wait, that's
# one's reserved for FreeBSD)

How about a "family portrait" of daemons, all wearing T-shirts with logos
representative of the platforms on which they run?  That might be a bit
crowded, but *I* thought it would make a cool graphic!  (Daemons of
various heights and shapes?)

# dhop

				--*greywolf;
--