Subject: Re: T-shirts
To: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/17/2000 10:41:16
David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>  wrote:
 > Part of the problem is our perceived reliance on Kirk's artwork.  Let's face
 > it:  we all believe that NetBSD is the one worthy to carry Li'l Hotstuff
 > (ironic, since Kirk has little to do with us these days :)  OpenBSD managed to
 > break away from the Daemon design, but I'm not sure we're ready (or willing)

I don't know who has a perceived reliance on Kirk's artwork but to my knowledge,
none of the people who have actually done t-shirts in the past (myself, Jason,
Charles) have used any of Kirk's artwork.  Though I did use Kirk's artwork to
make the beer labels, with permission, mostly out of convenience and timetable..

In the past, I'd contracted an illustrator to do custom artwork for a t-shirt
project and was contracting her to do a more flexible custom Daemon for which
I still have the Illustrator files... She turned into a flake however and I
lost track of her...

Some of her work can be seen on my stupid homepage: www.beer.org.

 > to.  (Ironic, since didn't Theo design and sketch Iwo Daemon?)

This is also false.  Theo and I sat in a pub one night shooting ideas at
A mutual friend who produced the graphic in front of us. Theo did the first
run of "Iwo Daemon" shirts before 1995 Usenix.

You might consider checking your facts before basing a line of reasoning
on them.