Subject: Re: seti & rc5-64
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/01/2000 15:03:51
A week or so back, someone (Manuel? someone else?) said on this mailing
list that he was going to get in touch with them about having a NetBSD
user port it for them, if they'd agree to send a copy of the source.  I
await that news (if it's been posted, then I missed it; (^&).

I think that it would be dishonest to say, or imply, that native NetBSD
support would actually affect your ability to evaluate their software for
a gateway.  (Unless, that is, you personally know that there are problems
running other systems' SETI@Home binaries under emulation.)

Let it go, for now, and turn your spare cycles to other tasks if you
like.  I still like the idea of a distributed render-farm.  (^&

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com