Subject: Re: seti & rc5-64
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/29/2000 11:13:28
David Brownlee wrote:

>	I would prefer to have my machines running seti rather than rc5,
>	but given that the seti project has stopped supporting NetBSD
>	binaries I intend to switch all my spare CPU cycles (including
>	non NetBSD ones) across onto rc5.
>
>	Maybe others would like to do the same?

Actually what I generally did (before I became lazy and let a lot
of my machines stop running either) was run seti on the machines
with decent floating pointing like the alphas, and rc5 on the
machines with bad floating point like the sharks and i386s.  This
is of course influenced by the fact that the alphas are pretty
awful at rc5 (although pretty good at DES.)

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==