Subject: Re: Supported Hardware Database for NetBSD. Contribute!
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/03/2000 03:46:31
On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 10:09:44AM -0700, Tim Rightnour wrote:
> On 02-Feb-00 Thilo Manske wrote:
> > I've entered two entries for 3c905 and 3c905B NICs with the "ID"s
> > 900 and 905. Later after I've discovered the "edit card" link,
> > I thought that 3c905 and 3c905B are better IDs so I changed that.
> > This has (of course) caused a "fork", wich was not what I've wanted...
> > (Please remove the doubled entries!)
> Yes.. I need to deal with that a bit better..  I'll look at that.
When your are at this:
I wanted to add a testimonial to this, got distracted (or is it diverted?)
and ended up thinking I was adding a report to some other device.
IMHO the form should tell you to wich device you are going to add your
report. :-)

> > Scanners:
> > SANE already maintains a big list of what they support and what not.
> > I guess nowadays everybody uses sane to scan, so does it make sense
> > to enter scanners here?
> USB scanners was the main reason I put that there...
Ah, I see. Didn't know that NetBSD supports them...

> > There are no "misc" devices:
> > I'm not sure where my Haupauge WinTV-radio (TV+VT+radio card) belongs to:
> > Video?  - Well, it makes sound too.... :-/
> Uhh..  does netbsd actually support that? (other than the video?)
(It's no graphic card BTW, it's an "add-on".)
There are unoffical patches for 1.4/i386 wich work with some minor
modifications with current/i386 as well. I bought it a few weeks after
the announcement in one of the mailing lists... :-)
(Hardware companies: See how open specs help selling hardware?!)
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.