Subject: Re: Programming HowTo
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/31/2000 11:38:26
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> I just noticed we don't have any docs up telling people to develop code
> for/on NetBSD. (Or at least I didn't find that page :))
>
> So I'll toss in the first link in here for shell script programming,
> SHELLdorado (http://www.oase-shareware.org/shell/).
>
> If people can tell me others for other areas (General C, Network, X, IPC,
> perl, python, Qt, gtk, ...), I can try to make some list. Thanks!

its not online, but the book "C Programming, A Modern Approach" by K.N.
King is quite readable.  This is where I'd send someone who wants to learn
C.  And if you're stuck on a system with bad man pages (this is not an
issue on NetBSD), its good as a reference for stdlib stuff.  Of course my
approach when stuck on one of these bad systems is to open a telent window
to my netbsd machine and use the man pages there...

-Dan