Subject: Re: NetBSD in use
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/26/2000 11:20:14
On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 12:53:38PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, David Maxwell wrote:
> > At the various venues, NetBSD servers provide dial-on-demand, and NAT
> > functionality, allowing media to submit stories, and events results to be
> > posted online quickly.
>
> Cool - can we get listed at "Friends of the Games"? :)
> Or some other space where we're mentioned there?

I'll speak to Mike about it. Frankly, NetBSD has a fairly small role. In
a set of events with 1800 volunteers, and 600 athletes, Mike is probably
the only person who knows what NetBSD is :-)

I think all the organizations listed under Friends of the Games made
financial contributions, supporting athletes to get to the games, or supplying
money or resources to run the games. For example, the servers are Winddance
Networks (now COVENTUS) Breeze servers, loaned for the games, but you won't
find those names on the list either.

I just thought it would be nice, for anyone catching coverage on TV, or in
the news, to be able to say "NetBSD was providing connectivity there...".

I also thought Mike deserved some praise, in a forum of his peers, for his
efforts around the games.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods