Subject: Re: SoftPRO stuff...
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/20/2000 14:22:20
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> I was at SoftPRO in Burlington, Massachusetts, USA last night, and the owner/
> proprietor was there. I noticed that he had OpenBSD CDs there - about three
> or four of them. He says they've been leaping off the shelves, and that Free-
> BSD CDs also fly off the shelves rapidly. He'd ordered thirty or so CDs and
> within a couple weeks most of them had sold. I talked him up about NetBSD,
> and he was interested in carrying NetBSD CDs. He also said he thought it

I had a similar thought about Quantum Books in Cambridge, MA.

> fessional CD print runs. I could burn the things at home, but we should really
> be at least as professional-looking as OpenBSD for our CDs.
>
> I have some ideas for cover graphics and the like, so I'll make 'em available
> as soon as I have something to present. I'd very much like to make a bit of
> a working group for this, so if you'd like to volunteer, please pipe up.

Charles had some really nice looking artwork for 1.4.1 CD's.  that
includes both the covers and the CD's themselves.  I never saw the actual
CD's, but the picture of the graphics was really very nice.

BTW, I totaly agree that it would be really great to get some select
stores to carry CD's.  In particular SoftPRO, Quantum (greater Boston
area) and perhaps a few in the SF Bay area.

-Dan