Subject: Re: Better than..
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/05/2000 19:19:31
Hi,

the 2.4 kernels will not include newer file systems (feature freeze as
of 2.3.x kernel) IBM and SGI have announced to provide new
filsystems although.

Not only can=B4t I understand that they accept the regular reboots
every day, but when asked, they insist that their systems "work
perfectly well"!

On the other hand my Linux system did not crash in the last years, it
crashed once during initial installation when I misconfigured the X
server, but that was with another distribution. After all i think my
system is pretty good.

If You are talking about a "no-risk system" I can remember I read
about security holes in NetBSD about one or two years ago, I think
as long as humans write software and develope hardware there will
at least be some risks left. On the other hand, I find it annoying that
such a problem exists in my OS without an attempt to repair it and I
will check that with the responsible "instance".

mike