Subject: C-Kermit 7.0 finished
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Frank da Cruz <fdc@watsun.cc.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/01/2000 12:48:16
I have C-Kermit 7.0 finished and ready to release, at least as far as
the code is concerned.  I have nearly 100 binaries built, including a
couple for NetBSD 1.4.1 on Intel, and hoped some of you would have a
chance to build some of those I can't build myself -- especially on
Sparc and other non-Intel platforms, and/or for older (or newer?)
NetBSD releases -- and upload them to:

  ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/incoming/

as cku196.netbsd-arch-vvv, where arch is "i386", "sparc", etc, and
vvv is the netbsd version, like "1.4.1", for example:

  cku196.netbsd-i386-1.4.1

The current and (unless disaster srikes) final sources are at:

  ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/test/special/unix.tar.gz

To build, put the tarball in a fresh directory and:

  gunzip unix.tar.gz
  tar xvf unix.tar
  make netbsd

which uses the default curses package, whatever it is, or:

  make netbsdn

to force ncurses.  This produces an executable called 'wermit', which
you can rename and install appropriately.

As far as I know, the same sequence works for any NetBSD release on any
architecture.

The final complete package (which includes man page and other accompanying
text files etc) is not yet ready to go, but will be shortly.

Thanks!

- Frank