Subject: HDTV and NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/29/1999 16:06:08
From: "Dave Auld" <auld@teralogic-inc.com>
To: <video4linux-list@redhat.com>
Subject: Linux drivers for TeraLogic DTV cards
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:12:45 -0800

We at TeraLogic are interested in encouraging the development of Linux
drivers for the Janus DTV card. See
http://www.teralogic-inc.com/Products/Digital_TV_PC/Janus_Reference_Design/j
anus_reference_design.html

We currently have drivers for VxWorks and Windows98 (under DirectX/Direct
Show), and would contribute the source of these drivers to the project if
there is sufficient developer interest to make a successful implementation
likely. The original sources would remain our property, but the resulting
Linux port would be available under the GPL.

We would be able to supply a limited number of cards free of charge to a
bonafide development activity. Retail product based on this card will be
available early next year.

If you know of anyone in the V4L2 project who might be interested, please
feel free to put them in touch with me.

Regards

David Auld
TeraLogic Inc.