Subject: Re: My prayers have been heared!
To: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/16/1999 21:01:35
>The pkg tools seem to have stopped working.
>
>When I try to install suse_linux-6.1p1 from pkgsrc I get the
>interesting message:
>
>===>  Validating dependencies for suse_linux-6.1p1
>Your package tools need to be updated to 1999/09/09 versions.
>The installed package tools were last updated on 1999/08/23.
>Please make and install the pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install package.
>*** Error code 1
>
>When I do a make in: /usr/src/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
>it compiled okay, but "make install" returns immediately
>to the shell prompt. If I cd to ./work/pkg_install and
>do a "make install", the binaries install in /usr/sbin,
>but something doesn't get updated, so it continues
>to assume that I only have package tools from 1999/08/23.
>
>This system is running NetBSD 1.3.
>
>Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? I have NetBSD 1.4.1 here
>on line so I could do an upgrade, but I suspect that this may not
>fix the problem...

sounds to me like you need a new set of pkgsrc.  at least for that
pkg.  why not download

   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/

and then try to make and make install it.  you might also need a new

   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/mk/

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|