Subject: Re: My prayers have been heared!
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/16/1999 18:49:08
Hubert Feyrer said:

>Finally, I've been convinced there IS a god:
>Adobe's making FrameMaker for Linux, free for download:
>http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/fmlinux.html
>
>I'm still downloading, any experiences so far? :)

This has actually led me to a strange situation.

The pkg tools seem to have stopped working.

When I try to install suse_linux-6.1p1 from pkgsrc I get the
interesting message:

===>  Validating dependencies for suse_linux-6.1p1
Your package tools need to be updated to 1999/09/09 versions.
The installed package tools were last updated on 1999/08/23.
Please make and install the pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install package.
*** Error code 1

When I do a make in: /usr/src/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
it compiled okay, but "make install" returns immediately
to the shell prompt. If I cd to ./work/pkg_install and
do a "make install", the binaries install in /usr/sbin,
but something doesn't get updated, so it continues
to assume that I only have package tools from 1999/08/23.

This system is running NetBSD 1.3.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? I have NetBSD 1.4.1 here
on line so I could do an upgrade, but I suspect that this may not
fix the problem...

Thanks in advance.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@toad.rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com